Friday, February 08, 2008

Razzle Dazzle Rose

Sitting in Newg's apartment, with some strawberry bruscetta and bitch beers (smirnoff?) in my stomach, and I am glad.
First of all, sitting next to me is my newly purchased first edition of "For Whom the Bell Tolls." Engraved on top of the brown canvas cover is Ernest Hemingway's signature. Published by Scribner's in 1940...it cost me seven dollars and fifty cents.
seven dollars
fifty cents.
That's a lot to be excited for.
I also bot "La Peste" by Camus, which cost me less than a dollar and is completely in french. I figure I'll use it to brush up on my foreign language skills and then send it to Tony.
Reading about the plague is always inspiring, right? That will really motivate me to go to Europe.
...
Speaking of! I'm getting my ticket for Paris. I leave on May 27th, and then return on June 30th.
another thing to be glad for.
that and life is good.


I hope that this post gives you all plenty of cavities, as it is so nauseatingly sweet.

0 comments: