Saturday, February 25, 2006

Don't Procrastinate

I've learned my lesson.

So, for the first time this year. (Honestly) I have completely procrastinated on a large amount of large projects and studying for a great amount of tests which I have this approaching week.
It happens.
1. A website (30% of my Tcom grade)
2. A 4-6 page paper due on Monday
3. Another information roundup due on Friday
4. A test on Wednesday
5. A test on Thursday

LAAAAAME, and it's all my fault. Oh, did I mention that I have two presentations this week? Oh, it's the truth. Don't doubt it.
I'm telling you, never again.

So Bracken, my darling, I'm finding safe harbor between your shelves and PC's for the weekend again, just like days of old.

In other news.

The coolest thing happened the other day.
A man by the name of Isaac Joseph came into the MTcup during my super long shift and after some short conversation asked me if I would do him a favor. I replied with a raised eyebrow and a hesitant nod.
He slid me $5.
He asked me to cover the next person's drink with it, keep the change for a tip, and to then give them a card which read "Yes it really was free! Random Act of Kindness, have a great day."
I was amazed.
So I followe his instructions when Wally, a regular of ours, came in next and purchased his regular short cup o' joe, which was a mere $1.25. Well I would have felt horrible taking the$3.75 in change, because it wasn't me that did anything great, so I gave Wally the change. He gave me a $2.00 tip and then HID the last dollar in our store for someone to find to make their day. An hour later Lori, our cleaning lady discovered the dollar with great joy and exclamation.

I have greater faith in the human race.
I've told alot of people about it, and it seems as if people are spreading the love, which makes it even better.
Why can't there be more people like Isaac Joseph?

Ok back to work!

0 comments: