Wednesday, February 22, 2006

"If you only had ONE shot"

So, there’s this girl I know who had the epitome of what we know as “the pixie cut”. I mean her hair was short. Less than an inch, no kidding.
Anyway, I’ve seen her lately and all of a sudden her hair has transcended the “pixie hair cut” line into the “short hair” spectrum.
Overnight almost. All of a sudden she went from being the lead singer of the Cranberries to early nineties one-hit wonder Natalie imbruglia. Her hair is growing like a weed in spring.
I myself, have been stuck in the “short haired” stage of life for a long time, and mentally I feel like I’m over it. I’m ready for the akward medium length. I would really enjoy having the capability to pull it back into a non-ridiculous looking ponytail.
So I asked her. “how is it that your hair is growing so quickly?”
“Vodka”
what?
No really, WHAT?
“You know that season of friends where all of a sudden Rachel and Monica’s hair was ridiculously long and everyone thought they were using extentions?”
I noted her reference, and realized, despite NOT being a rather large fan of friends, I did in fact know what she was talking about.
“Well a friend of mine bought this Beauty Secrets of the Stars book, and it said that the way they got their hair to be so long was by putting a shot of vodka into a 12 oz. shampoo bottle. They weren’t extentions it was their real hair. She told me about it, and I thought I’d try it.”
Apparently the alcohol cleanses the hair of all of the build-up and chemicals from the products we put in our hair. It then stimulates the hair follicles by opening them up to air, which promotes growth.
I was dumbfounded.
I told some friends, research was done and apparently its legit.
I’ve decided to give it a shot.
Pun intended, completely. (chuckle here)
So yesterday my 26 year-old friend Aaron mixed a shot in with my Pantene-Pro V. I used it this morning and it didn’t pull an overnight Rapunzel on me or anything. My head’s not a chia pet. BUT when I used it I did noticed an immediate difference in how shiny and soft it was.
So we’ll see.
As of right now my hair is hesitating above my shoulders and it is 8:39 am Wednesday, February 22, 2006.
Let’s say we check-in in a few weeks and we’ll see where we’re at.
**I am also taking vitamins, drinking a lot of water, and eating well. I’m cutting down on straightening and curling my hair, and if I can afford the time, I’ll refrain from blowing it dry. All of those great things they tell you to do.
Because I want my hair to be decently long before I go to Orlando.

0 comments: