Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Break During class

So night classes can be a little overwhelming I've decided. This whole having class until nine thing is really throwing me off. Might be the source of my insomnia? Since I was the grandma for so long, in the house by nine usually, and now I'm JUST getting in at nine. So yes, this schedule is throwing me off.

I am, however, the recipient of a free Jimmy John's sandwich, which wouldn't have happened (necessarilly, okay it very well could have happened, it's been known to happen) anyway, I wasn't anticipating getting a free one tonight while I was in class.

I've been on a letter writing binge lately, I just wrote my friend Blake in Utah, and I've written three other people in the past week. It feels really good. Letter writing, I'm afraid, is becoming a bit of a lost art, and that's really sad. It's giving part of yourself away to the other person to hold on to. You gain a part of someone else whenever you get a letter, as cliche-ish as that may seem, it's true. It's that warm fuzzy feeling that you get when you open your mailbox and there's something in it other than a bill.

Go read Major Sullivan Ballou's letter to his wife from the battle of bull run and tell me I'm wrong

0 comments: