Saturday, January 20, 2007

Exploits

I'm sitting in Terre Haute right now, waiting for a show, we're playing last out of four bands and so far only one has played, so I'll be here for a while. This also means that I probably won't be getting home until three o'clock in the morning.
Lovely.
In other news
All of my band mates are in really strange moods right now, and all i want to do is sit in a corner and read/write/draw ishnessesque.
Yesterday was divine, I got out of classes around one and hung out with Stevi for quite some time. Then finally after a long awaited...waiting? Dan called me, Everthus The Deadbeats were playing a show in Muncie before they made their way up to Chicago town. I met up with him at Doc's and we had an incredible time. It was really nice to run into friends that I don't see very often because I don't go out like that much. Everthus did incredibly well, they even got an encore.
I would be more impressed with the encore if Lisa hadn't confided with me that they cheated to get it. The Deadbeats have this tactic where they save one of their most popular songs for the very last, and then stop at the song before it. And in their home audience like Muncie they anticipated the encore. I envy them because they played so incredibly tight, I think that this has alot to do with the fact that they are all living together right now, and practice almost all of the time. I can't wait until I have the oppurtunity to do that with my boys. Honestly that would mean the world to me.
I just can't wait to hit the road, I love what I do.

In other news. Whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes are probably the most scrumptuous, delicious, mind blowing things in the world. Dan and I made some this morning for breakfast. The night before we shared this exchange regarding our anticipation of them in the morning.
"I bet it will be liberating."
"Yeah, it will be like the liberty bell."
"Or the Bill of Rights."
"Yes James Madison will be there."
"James Madison will come to my apartment and make us breakfast, and then hand us the Bill of Rights."
"YES."

This is a typical conversation between Dan and I . And I love it.
It was a divine evening and morning, I'll just leave it there.

0 comments: