Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Developments

I love it when you write something and then stumble across it like an acquaintance you forgot you met.
This week is going to be incredibly rewarding I think. the In Print festival is this week at Ball State, and three newly published authors are coming to discuss their work and talk about being published. All of their work is incredible, as well as inspiring, and I look forward to having the oppurtunity of hearing them read.
(Dave Griffith: A Good War is Hard to Find-go read it.)
Mini road trip during the day with my good friend Amanda to Indy on Friday. We're going to go hang out with her mom and then look at H&M's new spring line. We're both making mixes for the ride there and back because we're nerds like that. (Nerds=synonymous with amazing.) I'm playing a house show that night, and then on Saturday I get to see Cari and Rache for the first time in God knows how long for Cari's wedding shower.
It would be one kind of excitement to see them both individually. Cari moved to New Orleans last year, and then Rache is in Tallahassee (and soon LA-- because she got into GRAD SCHOOL AT USC! That's my best friend), so I don't get to see them very often. In fact, I haven't seen Cari since Rache's goodbye party in August, and that was only for twenty minutes. Needless to say, I am jubilative.
Saturday night Rodeo Ruby Love (www.myspace.com/rodeorubylove) is playing at the Village Green. They're amazing people, and amazing musicians. I'm very excited to spend time with them.
So yes, la vive est bella.

Here are the peices I rediscovered.


DEVELOPMENTS (written 2/15/07 I believe)

You should paint all night
I could call you Van Gogh
You could paint me the stars
People wouldn't understand it at first
The beauty in the way you see things.

I should write this all down
You could call me Neruda
As I cast my nets into your skies
People wouldn't understand it at first
The meaning in my metaphors

You could call me yours
We could change the world with the way we see things
And calling eachother names.


SWING

I feel like swinging
To have the stars beneath my feet
To feel the air rush at me, burning

0 comments: