Wednesday, March 07, 2007

This Waltz Will Wear Us Down

So, spring break is in a few days. Hurrah!
I have this wonderfully imposing reading list that I intend to conquer over the course of the next week. My spring break will consist of working, sleeping, voracious reading, hanging out with Mom, and watching bad kung-fu movies with my Dad.
I can't contain my excitement to see them, it's been too long. I hate that I only see them every few months.

Other good news is I heard back from Secretly Canadian yesterday about my internship. It's good to know that I'm going to get to follow through with my goals. I've wanted to intern for them for a long time now, and I've worked really hard to make sure that happens.

I'm recording my solo stuff this weekend with my friend Dan. He's a music engineering major, and hopefully very good at what he does. Anyway, the song is one of my newest, and I like it.
Here, I'll share lyrics. :

This Waltz Will Wear Us Down

I never was the child for building castles,
To watch them wash away seemed so demeaning
Running back and forth from sea to mother
Saving all the shells, their remnants priceless
There are things to be salvaged here.

Gave up for years
Something hiding,
Harbored in me
Salvage, Scattered
Building again
Building Slowly
Victim of my own making
I know the feeling
of the beating tide
There are things to be salvaged here.

Porous bones cause for brittle beginnings
It seems my patience is wearing thin
You ask me of my expectations
Simple allegiance is all I'm asking for here
There are things to be salvaged, here.

Did sands of time erode at your bones?
Wearing at you,
Wearing slowly?
He wore me down,
Swallowed me whole
I know the feeling
Of the beating tide
There are things to be salvaged here.


And post a pretty picture.



P.S: Give me a year, I'm going back to Hawaii.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, love - that's beautiful.

reallyrelyay said...

thanks Sarah! so are you!
and I'm really glad you like Matt Costa. Kennon actually got that poster signed for me this summer, which was an incredible gesture of him in my opinion.