Thursday, August 24, 2006

So I'm using this blog for my lit class


True story.
No Joke.
I hope I never said anything offensive on here before this, because I really don't think I'm going to hide anything.
I think I'm going to make a system or something to show when I am writing for Eng286.
Which is a class I thoroughly enjoy by the way. So much that I didn't abbreviate.
But how could I not love a class that has Dave Eggers as one of our reading choices? Anywho,
The reading that we did for this class covered the complexity of what an essay is. And to be honest I had never really thought about it the way our text (Best American Essays) had, (from here on out it's gonna be BAE, because that book and I are buddies enough that we can use informal titles). Anyway.
I did enjoy the fact that it had all sorts of well known authors as contributors. Some of which had notable names, which gained silent smiles from me as I read. Which, while reading is the equivalent to a head nod.

"Hey Amy Tan, what's crackin? Oh you submitted a work to Best American Essays? That's fantastic, I can't wait 'til I get to that chapter."

Yes. I took it there.
So now I realize that essays are important. And that I am going to research this Montaigne character, because he intrigues me and I like to put my studies in historical context.
I'm now, for the first time, going to take advantage of this picture option I have. It's one of the MTCUP, where I work. Tomorrow I get to train the new kid with my manager and friend Ashley.
huzzah!

0 comments: