Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thank You

Last night was one of those defining moments that sometimes pass too quickly.
Thank You to everyone who came to the CD release show last night, every person there meant the world to me, and everyone else in the band. It was a complete blast.
I'm home in Evansville right now for the first time in three months, and that's nice. It's really good to see my parents. You all have no idea how much I love them. My Mom and Dad are two of my closest friends. I don't make fun of anyone like I do them. Tonight at the dinner table we had a half hour debate on how baldness can be attractive, in an attempt to raise my Dad's self esteem. While he was grabbing seconds I picked up my Mom's copy of Peoplemagazine and found the page where it listed all of the attractive bald men (People=high quality reading.)...(I'm completely joking.) and started listing them, including Patrick Stewart, my childhood and lifetime hero. (Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek, the next generation. STNG for all of you trekkies. I took it there, don't question it.) When Dad came back to the table and was upset that I had cheated by referencing someone else's list.

Just so you know, my Dad looks like Mr. Clean. And he's a badass.
And Mom, well, she's just funny.

Sarah (my sister and soulmate) isn't coming home for Thanksgiving and this upsets me. Why did she have to be an overachiever and go to Harvard. Why Sarah? hmm? How selfish of you, to leave and be successful. (Kidding again, I'm really proud)... (But seriously come home.) Turkey day isn't the same without her to sit around and watch Xena with while the tytrophan wears out of our systems.

Wow, I've dropped a Star Trek and Xena reference in the same blog. Let's drop the biggest nerd-bomb, shall we?



Now here we have the McClouds from the greatest TV show ever, Highlander. Let's bask in the glory.


IN OTHER NEWS.

Again, thank you for everyone who came last night, and all of your support. 62 cds sold, that's impressive guys. If you listen really closely...you can hear the sound of the band slowly getting out of the big hole of debt we're in. And that's comforting.
Plus, we're having incredibly large amounts of fun while we're doing it.
I cannot begin to explain the elation that comes along with being a member of This Story. (www.myspace.com/thisstory) It's such an honor to know all of the guys in the band, and even more of one to call them my friends and comrades. I'm constantly surrounded by a large group of support and love, and that's probably why I find myself hugging them all of the time. The oppurtunities that have arisen from this are immense, and I've made some of the greatest friends of my life.
So honestly, to everyone who has helped, and taken notice of all of the hard work we've put into everything and will continue to do...Thank you.

xoxoxo hearts n' such. Laura

0 comments: