Thursday, November 02, 2006

the Major Deal

So.
It's of my opinion that you should be able to invest passion into all of your work, or you shouldn't be doing it.
Therefore, the classes that you're majoring in should probably be your favorite classes right?
It's not that I don't like audio production, I love protools etc. etc... but we're not learning what I want to do with it. So far we've recorded outdoor noises, radio spots, and now more indoor noises. I can only record a flushing toilet so many times. I want to produce music, and that's not what the focus is in telecommunications it seems. Everyone around me wants to move to LA and make movies.

I don't want to do that at all.
I mean, not even close.
So I don't really identify with anyone in my classes because none of them want to do what I do. And isn't that the point of a major?

On another note, I've fallen in love with my english minor, but it's too late to major in it if I want to graduate anytime soon.
And I could do my other minor, comm studies... that's feasable.
Those are all of the classes I love, to be quite honest. And I'm better at them too.

what to do.
and what's with the shame of a general studies major?
I could do that and graduate with four minors in four years.
is that so bad?

0 comments: